Oh my goodness, my babies are one! Where has the year gone?! I officially started their birthdays with kisses at 4:35 and 4:51 am and they must have been so excited, they woke up at 6:30 am! Silly babies! We don't have much else planned today except to get our pictures taken and to get the kids their 1st Coldstone ice cream.
It is amazing how much the kids have grown in the last year. We have gone from our tiny 6 and 7 lb babies to (I'm sure) over 20 lbs. They are both trying to walk and each have taken several solo steps. It won't be long now! They have both mastered going up stairs with great speed. Lucas had even learned that when he goes down stairs or gets of the sofa, that you have to go feet first on your belly!
They continue to babble all the time, and sometimes I wonder if they have their own language. Megan says "mama" regularly and of course, I think there it intention in it, but who knows. Lucas like to say "dada" and we are working on "ball".
Megan and Lucas continue to be great eaters and I pray this continues. There are only a few things that they wont eat, and they pretty much eat everything we do. It is nice to get to start having "family" meals where they don't have to eat first! We are almost completely weaned from bottles and formula and should be in a few more weeks.
I pray every day that Megan and Lucas continue to grow to be strong, happy and healthy children and am so blessed and thankful that God has entrusted them to us! How did I get so lucky?!

No comments:
Post a Comment