Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Early Labor?

We spent another few hours in Labor and Delivery Saturday night. When I got home from work about 8pm, I sat on the couch to relax. It wasn't a horrendous day (the day before was rough) but I was tired none-the-less. While waiting for Nate to get home, I started to notice I was having some braxton hicks contractions. Now these were not painful, just slightly uncomfortable. I got some dinner, water, and laid down. They seemed to come more frequently than normal. I stared timing them and they were 4-6 minutes apart. This lasted for over an hour. I had been told if I had more than 6 an hour for over and hour while resting and drinking water to call. So, I did and they wanted me to come in for a check.

I called Nate, he came home right away and we got ready to leave. Nate asked if the was the "real thing" and I told him "I don't know......I've never had a baby before!". We grabbed my hospital bag and walked out the door......Nate with the house phone in hand! haha! We met the doc at the hospital and even before she could finish telling me that they were going to watch me for an hour and give me terbutaline if they are too frequent, I had 2 contractions. She then check my cervix and I was not dilated, but I was effaced about 50%...thinned to 2 cm. I was completely normal 3 days before at my regular visit. She decided to give me terbutaline. Just like last time, it was not fun. Your heart races, respirations increase and you get all flushed and shaky. It was even worse this time than last. It worked, though. Contractions stopped. If they had not, they would have tried one more dose, and if they didn't stop then, they would have let me keep contracting.

They kept watching me for an hour and everything stayed calm. No more contractions. She decided to send me home on Procardia which I have to take for then next 2 weeks. It is to help stop future contractions. After 2 weeks.....game on! She also took me off of work. Not too happy about that and majorly concerned about our finances, but if it keeps our babies safe for that much longer......we will make it work! Guess I have a lot more time now to "get ready" as it sounds like my babies are doing just that too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for the 4 of you! I can't believe youare getting so close already! It seems like yesterday you got your BFP (at least to me anyway!)

You look great - you had to know the bedrest (no working) was coming sooner than later....

I have my ET tomorrow afternoon! Yes that is cycle #6. We are cautiously optimistic that this will be our twins cycle. I had 41 eggs at ER! 21 fertilized with ICSI and we still have 14 growing strong.

Again, thinking of you - keep those babies nice and warm for a couple more weeks!

The nursery is so cute!

Andrea

gail said...

Gotta love the terbutaline! I had a terbutaline pump in my leg from about 22 weeks until around 34 weeks. Did they check the bambinos size when you went in?

Melissa said...

No they didn't check their size. I am assuming as they were almost 5 at the last check they are not too concerned about them being too small!