Megan and Lucas turned 2 months old on Saturday! It is hard for me to believe that they are that old already. They are getting so big and it is crazy to remember how little they were. They are not only grow in size (outgrowing some 0-3 clothes!), but developmentally as well. They are both gaining really good control of their heads and I have even set them in the Bumbos for a few minute with no problem. Megan really likes to lay on her belly and push up on her elbows. I have a great picture of her doing that on Uncle Brian's chest....just staring at him! Lucas is very vocal and loves to lay on his back, watch the mobile/toys and just coos and squeals. Megan hasn't gained nearly that much interest in the toys yet. She is a people person. She loves to be near someone....anyone, and to be talked to. Hopefully soon she will realize that her brother is that "someone" she needs to entertain her! They are both smiling with purpose now and I can't wait to hear them giggle!
They had their 2 month check up today. Megan weighs 10 lbs 9 oz and Lucas weighs 10 lb 13 oz. Lucas is 22" tall and Megan is 21 1/2". Little sister is starting to catch up! They both had to get shots today too. Megan was first and turned beat red them wailed in pain. She even shed a few tears (she never has before). I did too! I didn't think that it would bother me, as I see kids at work every day and even have to give them shots, but it is so different when it is your child! Nate had to help with Lucas, while I got myself together. Lucas did well. He cried, but not as much as Megan and was easily consoled!
Thing we are watching...... Lucas has a swollen lymph node on his head, behind his left ear. It has been there almost since birth (I noticed it a 2 weeks old). It is not getting any bigger, but we are watching it. Megan has an umbilical hernia. Right now it is not huge, but it is still bigger than it was in the beginning. We are watching to make sure it does not become incarcerated (permanently stuck out). It will need to be fixed eventually.....well not "need", but I am sure we will do it for her for cosmetic sake. No girl wants funny looking belly button!
Other than that all is well! We'll keep you updated!

No comments:
Post a Comment