Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Coming Home

The home coming was rather uneventful......for the babies at least. Mommy had a hard time. I was (and still am) very emotional. It is crazy to think that these children that I have taken care of for the past 2 days are actually ours! We get to keep them! Being home alone without nurse or doctor telling you that you are doing everything right or wrong is rather scary, too.

As soon as we got home, the babies ate and we all took a well-deserved and much needed nap. The we had visits from Grandma and Grandpa Bartman and Uncle Brian and "Aunt" Andrea. We have already been trying to establish a routine. I am feeding them every 2 hours during the day in hopes that they will sleep longer at night. Plus, I really need to get my milk supply up. With two of them, I need to make sure I keep up.

The tour was postponed until tomorrow due to shear exhaustion on Mommy and Daddy's part.

We also gave them their first bath since the post-birth bath. It was a sponge bath of course, but the both did very well and only cried a little in the beginning. We are now off to bed for the night. I worry about not waking up when they cry or need something. I have so far these last few days, but they have been right next to me. I have the monitor turned up loud! I hope that sleeping in our own bed will produce a more restful sleep......even though we fully anticipate to be up often!

2 comments:

SSmith said...

Melissa, I can't say I know the emotions you are dealing with. You and Nate have waiting a long time for this moment - savor it! Without a doubt, you two will be a most incredible Mom and Dad! Megan and Lucas are very, very blessed :-)

gail said...

Melissa, You will wake up, probably more than the kids do. Your milk supply will be fine because M&L will make sure that it is. Relax and enjoy them. They'll be teenagers before you know it!!