Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 2

We had a busy night last night. The "feeding frenzy" that they said would happen seemed to have begun. We......well, mostly me, were up every 2 hours or so. Mostly it was to feed, but some times, Lucas was just not happy. He is rather congested nasally, likely from his initial birth issues, but also, I think his man parts we so sensitive that every time he peed, he was in pain. I hope that both pass soon! Megan was an angel most of the night.

Nate and I were up and moving at 6am. Not sure why, as we both SO could have gone back to sleep, but alas here we are.....watching the news and updating the blog. Megan and Lucas are sleeping away, but I am sure soon to be awakened by the doctors and nurses soon to visit.


We have been cleared to go home by both my OB and the pediatrician. Nate ran home earlier to let the dogs out and get them ready for the home coming. He took a couple baby blankets home for them to smell and sniff and hopefully they won't to bee rambunctious when we get home. I am packing up our stuff and getting myself and the babies ready. As soon as Nate gets here, we will be on our way to getting our new life started.

I have to say I am so overwhelmed with emotion right now and can't believe I am believe I am bring our CHILDREN home today. It is surreal. I am excited, scared, anxious, hopeful, and any other emotion under the sun you can think of. I hope I am a good mom......

4 comments:

Sara Nelson said...

You are already the most amazing mother - you'll do great! :)

Anonymous said...

You and Nathan will be amazing parents-how can you not be when you have so much love to give your children. Relax and enjoy the ride! Love, Mom

Mandy Schneider said...

I know you'll do great, Melissa. No worries.... :)

gail said...

You guys will be great! It is an amazing feeling to know that two more humans are on Earth because of you, isn't it??